With Halloween coming up fast many of us are eager to find new scary movies and thrillers to watch. There is lots of great new horror on Netflix coming in October, including Mike Flanagan’s new show The Midnight Club and Guillermo del Toro’s horror anthology series Cabinet of Curiosities.
Beyond that, horror on Netflix extends to a Stephen King movie, a Halloween-themed season of Nailed It, a Jeffrey Dahmer documentary series, and much more. Anyone excited to find out what’s on the way next month will discover Netflix has an exciting lineup planned for its Netflix and Chills slate this year.
Since it’s still early September, the following list is not complete yet, we’re likely to see some older horror movies added to the streaming service in October, too, but we’ll update later once Netflix releases its official October calendar. For now, check out the new horror on Netflix arriving next month.
Upcoming Horror on Netflix in October 2022
Mr. Harrigan’s Phone, Oct. 5
Jaeden Martell and Donald Sutherland star in this horror film based on a Stephen King short story. Martell plays a teen named Craig who befriends an older, reclusive billionaire (Sutherland). When Mr. Harrigan dies, Craig finds himself suddenly able to communicate with his friend from beyond the grave via his phone.
The Midnight Club, Oct. 7
Mike Flanagan’s latest Netflix series is The Midnight Club based on Christopher Pike’s novel of the same name. The new show is set in a hospice where a group of teenagers gathers at night to tell each other scary stories. They make a pact that the first one of them to die has to try communicating with the others from beyond the grave, and when that pact finally happens bizarre incidences begin.
Cabinet of Curiosities, Oct. 25-28
Cabinet of Curiosities is an upcoming horror anthology series specially curated by Guillermo del Toro, who even wrote two original stories for the show. Del Toro will also personally introduce each chapter of the anthology, which is said to comprise sophisticated and horrifying stories that challenge the classical genre. Cabinet of Curiosities will air as a special four-night event with two new episodes dropping daily from October 25 to 28.
The Curse of Bridge Hollow, Oct. 14
Stranger Things star Priah Ferguson leads this family-friendly Halloween comedy alongside comedian Marlon Wayans. When a curse awakens a mischievous Halloween spirit, decorations start coming to life and wreaking havoc in town. A Halloween-hating dad (Wayans) and his daughter (Ferguson) must put a stop to the curse before it’s too late.
Upcoming Netflix horror and Thrillers and more October 2022
The following shows and films aren’t necessarily horror but they do fit under the “thriller” category or they’re simply eerie, spooky, or Halloween-themed!
- The Good Nurse – Upcoming film based on the true story of serial killer nurse Charles Cullen, starring Eddie Redmayne and Jessica Chastain, streaming Oct. 26
- The School for Good and Evil – Fantasy feature film based on the book by Soman Chainani and starring Kerry Washington, Charlize Theron, and Michelle Yeoh, streaming Oct. 19
- Unsolved Mysteries volume 3 – Netflix documentary series returns for three-week event including six new mysteries, releases October 18, October 25, and November 1
- Wendell & Wild – Stop-motion animation directed by Henry Selick, streaming Oct. 28
- Luckiest Girl Alive – Dark drama starring Mila Kunis based on Jessica Knoll’s bestseller, Oct. 7
- Daniel Spellbound – New animated series, Oct. 27
- Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes – Netflix original docuseries, a continuation of Conversations with a Killer, Oct. 7
- Nailed It! season 7 – Halloween-themed season, Oct. 6
- Dead End: Paranormal Park season 2 – Spooky animated series returns with more episodes, streaming Oct. 13
What horror on Netflix are you most looking forward to watching in October 2022?