Trending NowNetflixHow much was the pop icon worth?

How much was the pop icon worth?


- Advertisment -

Marilyn Monroe was known for being one of Hollywood’s most sought-after actresses in the ’50s. She appeared in many incredible films such as NiagaraGentlemen Prefer Blondes, How to Marry a Millionaire, There’s No Business Like Show Business and The Seven Year Itch. With Monroe being in so many commercially successful movies, she was constantly making money. But sadly, the pop icon’s life was cut short at the age of 36 from an overdose of barbiturates.

Marilyn Monroe started her acting career in the late ’40s after being a model for the Blue Book Model Agency. She had small parts in movies like Dangerous Years and Scudda Hoo! Scudda Hay!. Later, she got her first starring role in the musical film Ladies of the Chorus, but the movie didn’t fare well.

Monroe continued to take on small roles and model on the side until she started to land roles in movies that would become critically successful. Although her parts were still minor, she began to gain popularity. Then, Monroe became involved in a scandal where her nude photos were revealed. After publicly admitting to taking the photos, she became even more popular and was propelled into sex symbol status. In 1953, Monroe would star in three movies that would make her one of Hollywood’s most profitable actresses. She would go on to star in eight more films before her death in 1962. Her ninth and last film, Something’s Got to Give, was left unfinished.

So, how much was Marilyn Monroe worth when she passed away? We answered this question down below.

What was Marilyn Monroe’s net worth?

According to Celebrity Net Worth, Monroe had a net worth of $800,000 at the time of her death, which is estimated to be $7 million dollars today. It was reported that Monroe was a big spender. She spent a lot of money on clothes, jewelry, her house, and other items. She was also a generous giver to her family, friends, and employees. However, her net worth was decreased to $370,000, which is about $3.5 million today, after various settlement costs and estate fees.

Monroe also had a will in place. As reported by Celebrity Net Worth, Monroe gave $10,000 to long-time assistant and half-sister Berniece Miracle. She also set up an education trust fund of $5,000 for Berniece’s kid. For her mother, Gladys Pearl Baker, Monroe set up a $100,000 trust fund, of which she received $5,000 a year.

She gave her physical properties and 75% of her intellectual property rights to her acting coach, Lee Strasberg. The remaining 25% was left to her therapist, Dr. Marianne Kris.

Check out Blonde streaming now on Netflix!

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Go to Website var link = 1; // start with link 1 function...

Madam Chief Minister Movie Review & Watch Full Movie Online free

  Madam Chief Minister Review & Watch Full Movie Online & Download In this article we will discuss about Madam Chief Minister...

Rihanna announced her second pregnancy proudly and cutely

Rihanna Announces Second Pregnancy During Epic Super Bowl Performance Rihanna Announced her Second Pregnancy: The music industry is buzzing with...

Amigos Telugu Movie Review: Kalyan Ram’s Triple Role Film

Amigos 2023 Telugu Movie Review: Nandamuri Kalyan Ram's Triple Role Film Released.   Amigos 2023 Telugu Movie Information Release Date February 10, 2023 Banner Mythri...

Avatar 2 massive success at the box office, both in India and worldwide

Avatar 2 massive success at the box office, both in India and worldwide. Avatar: The Way of Water is a...

Avatar 2: The Way of Water Movie Review with Pros and Cons.

Avatar The Way of Water Movie Review with 10 pros and Cons. James Cameron's latest blockbuster, "Avatar The Way of...

Must read

Go to Website var link =...

Madam Chief Minister Movie Review & Watch Full Movie Online free

  Madam Chief Minister Review & Watch Full Movie Online &...
- Advertisement -spot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you